- No Parking on any Village Roadways during stated/posted Snow Emergency.
- All Vehicles should be kept a minimum of 5’ behind the curb face/roadway edge to allow for snow plowing activities.
- Remove ALL garbage cans, portable basketball nets and any other structure that will hamper plowing activities from the Municipal Roadway.
- Do not push/place the snow from your private driveways or property into the Municipal Roadway.
- All mailboxes need to be of “Structural Integrity” to withstand Municipal Snow Plowing.
The Village and Highway Department will not be responsible for:
- “Structurally Deficient” mailbox structures. Any concrete mailbox, light post structures etc. must be a minimum of 5’ behind the curb face/roadway edge as not to hamper plowing activities.
- Any damage within the Municipal Right of Way for those residents that choose to disregard these important regulations.
Curbing is underway on Sears Road as we prepare to re-pave Sears Road, Green Road, Michael Court, and Galveston Drive. We have been planning this project for over a year and have carefully budgeted and funded this undertaking. Large projects like this do not happen overnight— so much goes on behind the scenes before ground is broken. Thank you to our engineers and financial advisors for making this happen! (more…)
I would like to take this opportunity just to check on the welfare of all residents of the Village of South Blooming Grove. I hope that everyone is maintaining their physical and mental health. If anyone needs anything at all, please do not hesitate to reach out to Village Hall or to me directly. We may be able to help to you ourselves or we can connect you with services that are available through the county.
Please know that although our Village Hall is abiding by all rules set forth by New York State on Pause, we continue working. Personally, I am in the office every day. Staff members come in on a rotation schedule otherwise they are working from home. I am contact via phone and email with all board members as well as professionals. (more…)
Hello, everyone. I hope everyone enjoyed their Easter and Passover and is healthy and safe.
I just wanted to give you an update on what’s been going on at Village Hall and around the village. (more…)